Korean Poem "A Windy Day" By Park Seong-ryong
A Windy Day
By Park Seong-ryong
Does the wind, too, know—
as it flutters so ceaselessly today—
that I am parting with
everything I possess?
Does the wind, too, know—
as autumn leaves are swept clean from
blades of grass, tree branches, country paths, and the village—
that I, too, am letting go of everything I have?
Does the wind, too, know—
as it stirs with such unbearable agitation—
that today, I am also
reclaiming everything I had lost?
바람 부는 날
박성룡 作
오늘따라 바람이
저렇게 쉴새없이 설레고만 있음은
오늘은 내가
내게 있는 모든 것을 여의고만 있음을
바람도 나와 함께 안다는 말일까.
풀잎에 나뭇가지에 들길에 마을에
가을날 이ㅍ들이 말갛게 쓸리듯이
나는 오늘 그렇게 내게 있는 모든 것을 여의고만 있음을
바람도 나와 함께 안다는 말일까.
아 지금 바람이
저렇게 못 견디게 설레고만 있음은
오늘은 또 내가
내가 잃은 모든 것을 되찾고 있음을
바람도 나와 함께 안다는 말일까.
<About the Author>
Poet Park Seong-ryong
Born in Haenam, South Jeolla Province, in 1932
Studied English Literature at Chung-Ang University
Began his literary career in 1956 with the publication of his work in the magazine *Culture and Arts*
Notable works include his first poetry collection *Things Lost in Autumn* (1969) and *Camellia Flowers* (1970)
Received the Hyundai Literary Award (1964)
Received the Poetry Literature Award (1982)
Received the Republic of Korea Literary Award (1992)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment