Korean Poem "Star" by Shin Kyung-rim

                         Star

                           by Shin Kyung-rim

Now that I have grown old and my eyes have dimmed, I can see the stars.
Twinkling, twinkling in the Seoul sky, 
I can see the stars.
Because I can see the stars in the sky,
I can see stars among the grass and trees.
Because I can see stars among the grass and trees,
I can see stars among the people.
Twinkling, twinkling in the murky sky, 
I can see the stars—
stars I could not see when my eyes were bright.




별 - 

                      신경림  

나이 들어 눈 어두우니 별이 보인다

반짝반짝 서울 하늘에 별이 보인다

하늘에 별이 보이니

풀과 나무 사이에 별이 보이고

풀과 나무 사이에 별이 보이니

사람들 사이에 별이 보인다

반짝반짝 탁한 하늘에 별이 보인다

눈 밝아 보이지 않던 별이 보인다 *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling from Seoul to Gangneung and Sokcho

Korea Trip "Seoul → Andong → Gyeongju → Seoul: A 3–4 Day Journey Through Korea's Living History"

Yeongwol Travel Guide: Traces of King Danjong & Film Location