Korean Poem "Shiny Day" by Na Tae-joo


     

      A Shiny Day

                                            By Na Tae-joo


Because the day was clear,

I knew you would come.

It is the very thing my grandmother used to say

whenever I visited her humble cottage

as a child—

stepping out through the open door to greet me.

Today, I repeat those same words to you—

young and lovely—

who have traveled from afar to visit me.


Because the day was clear,

I knew you would come.


맑은 날

                나태주 作..


오늘 날이 맑아서

네가 올 줄 알았다.

어려서 외갓집에 찾아가면

외할머니 오두막집 문 열고

나오시면서 하시던 말씀


오늘은 멀리서 찾아온 

젊도고 어여쁜 너에게 되풀이 그 말을 들려준다.

오늘 날이 맑아서

네가 올 줄 알았다.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling from Seoul to Gangneung and Sokcho

Korea Trip "Seoul → Andong → Gyeongju → Seoul: A 3–4 Day Journey Through Korea's Living History"

Yeongwol Travel Guide: Traces of King Danjong & Film Location